Understanding Sikhism, The Research Journal, is available in paper (printed) form.
To subscribe, please contact Prof. Devinder Singh Chahal
by emailing at email@example.com.
Articles of some of the issues and Table of Contents for the past
issues are available in electronic form.
We would appreciate your comments to improve this site and suggestion for the topic of interest.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
INSTITUTE FOR UNDERSTANDING SIKHISM
A Charitable Educational-cum-Religious Organization
Federally Incorporated in Canada
4418 Martin-Plouffe, Laval, Québec, Canada H7W 5L9
Phone : (450) 681-1254
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org;
URL : http:// www.iuscanada.com
- Prof. Devinder Singh Chahal, PhD, President
(Professor of Microbiology, Retired)
- Prof. Harjeet Singh Bhabra, PhD
(Professor of Finance, Concordia University)
- Dr Parminder Singh Chahal, PhD
(Research Scientist (Biochemical Engineering)
- Mr. Karminder Singh Gill, Treasurer
- Mr. Mohinder Singh Jheeta BSc
(MFG Planning, Pratt & Whitney, Retired)
- Mr. Balraj Singh Johal, MA (Eco.)
(Domestic Converters Inc.)
- Mr. Gurcharan Singh Bhatia, BA, Secretary-General
(Superintendent, Punjab Govt., Retired)
- Mr. Resham Singh, B. Sc., B. Ed., Vice-President
(Technician, Nortel Communications)
- Baljit Singh
- Mr. Ajit S Taggar
- Mrs. Harvinder Punia, B. Sc.
- Mrs. Kulwant Dhillon, Giani
(Punjabi Literature, Holy Scriptures)
Priest (Called Granthi in Sikhism)
The Institute for Understanding Sikhism was founded in 1998 with the following
- To promote Sikhi (Sikhism) and Gurbani (spiritual teachings of the Sikh
Gurus) that has been incorporated in the Aad Guru Granth Sahib (AGGS) by
publication of a regular journal, Understanding Sikhism –
The Research Journal, books, booklets, and tracts, and through
the electronic media, Internet, Group Discussion, and TV etc., and also
through Website – Understanding Sikhism: www.iuscanada.com
- To organize lectures, seminars, and conferences to promote Gurbani and Sikhism
in their real perspective and to free them from the ancient philosophy, mythology
and rituals, introduced into Sikhism intentionally or ignorantly. To present
papers on various conferences and to hold Radio Talks and TV Shows.
- To create dialogues between different religious groups for mutual understanding
and respecting the other religions and their followers; and to strengthen
- UNDERSTANDING SIKHISM – Research Journal is being
published twice a year (January and July) without any break since 1999,
the year of celebration of Tercentenary of Khalsa.
- Series of seminars were arranged on the eve of celebration of
Quadricentennial of Compilation of the Aad Guru Granth Sahib:
- The First International Seminar in 2001 was on:
GURDWARA: History, Meaning and Functions of Gurdwara.
- The Second International Seminar in 2002 was on:
Sabd Guru, Conscience and Consciousness.
- The Third International Seminar in 2003 was on:
Doctrine of Guru Nanak in JAP.
- The Fourth International Seminar in 2004 was on:
Aad Guru Granth Sahib And Nanakian Philosophy
JAP: The Essence of Nanakian Philosophy
- Sabd Guru to Granth Guru: An In-depth Study
- Some Salient Principles of Sikhism (a booklet)
- Nanakian Philosophy: Basics for Humanity
- A Chapter: Sikh Perspectives on Bioethics. In: Annals of Bioethics.